MAIL YOUR SUGGESTIONS TO : sampat.honey@gmail.com

Thursday, December 25, 2008

38: What made you choose your major?

Well if you are applying for a computer related position and if you are a Computer Science major, they won’t ask this question to you. But if you are an Electronics (or any other) major and interview for a computer position, then they might want to know why you chose to major in Electronics (or any other). To create an answer, you can say that your academic interests were broad and therefore you sought your major to achieve a balance between knowledge and skill. Besides your personal interest, include some rock-solid business reasons that shows you have the vision.

Its fine when you say you majored the subject because you liked it. But never say you chose the major because you didn’t know what else to do and you couldn’t get into a better one.

Your answers can be:

1) From the very beginning I always had a lure towards electronics field. During my school days I participated a lot in Science Exhibitions and won a lot of prizes. That gave me the confidence to learn more about this field. When I completed my Intermediate I got a chance and I grabbed it with both hands. Hence I would say my Interest made me to choose electronics as my major.

2) I majored in English because it was a field I knew would make me more skilled in reading, writing and communicating. I believe English is a tool that is used everywhere, so I thought it was the best major for me.

3) I majored in Mechanical because I always love to work with machines and motors. My father runs a motor vehicles workshop and I always try to learn something from him and workers. This way my interest kept growing and therefore I chose mechanical.

4) I majored in History because I always had a keen interest in historical facts. I chose this major because I really enjoyed the subject. I planned on becoming a high school history teacher, but then I started to get into computers. It’s totally different from history but it really fascinated me. Now, instead of looking in the past, I’m always looking into the future through all the technological changes.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP