MAIL YOUR SUGGESTIONS TO : sampat.honey@gmail.com

Thursday, December 25, 2008

19: Can you work under pressure?

TRAPS: An easy question, but you want to make your answer believable.

BEST ANSWER: Absolutely…(then prove it with a vivid example or two of a goal or project accomplished under severe pressure).

The best answer to this question is “Yes”. Working well under pressure is a good strength to have. But saying yes is not enough; you need to explain how you can handle pressure situation to bring the best out of it. Tell the interviewer that you work the same with pressure and without pressure.

You can answer as:

1) Sir, I can handle pressure of work. Whenever there is pressure of work, we need to tackle it from the mental and physical stand-point. Mental stand-point would mean being in a state of relaxation and composure so that I do not feel stressed out during the course of my work and from physical stand-point; I always prioritize my job in their exact order of merit and importance so that I can dispose them off quickly and effectively.

2) I work well under pressure because I don’t panic. I use the pressure to help me work more efficiently. I maintain self control and work as efficiently as possible. At times, I try to prioritize and plan as much as I can.

3) Working under pressure has always been a learning experience for me because it helps me grow. I have always worked well during deadline, and I always learned how to work more efficiently afterwards.

4) Well I believe I work the same if there’s pressure or not. I try and take the emotional factors and work hard regardless of down time. I always prioritize and organize my work and hence that gives me a Psychological advantage over pressure. At times whenever time becomes a constraint I put extra effort and time to meet the deadline. So pressure has nothing to do with my work.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP